- Price: $12,000,000 US
- Type: Private Island
- Status: Active
- Size: 60 Acres Island “Prime”
- Location: 3/4 Mile from Maya Beach, Placencia Peninsula
- Use: Prime Development Island (Resort/Residential Marina)
- I.D. IA1
Yearwood Properties Ltd. of Placencia, Belize C.A. is proud to announce our new Exclusive Listing:
False Caye is naturally one of a kind and composed of a stunning 60 Acres Private Island with “magnificent coral surroundings”. It is located approximately 3/4 of 1-mile off the seaside beach coastline of the touristy 16 mile Placencia peninsula in southern Belize. Maya Beach southern boundary line is the closest mainland point to the island which is approximately 4,600′.
This 60 AC jewel was conceived as a high end resort and residential development. The architectural plan was developed by OBMI in Coral Gables, Florida USA. OBMI has provided architectural and resort design development throughout the Caribbean and is a preferred provider for leading hotels of the world. In addition to its appeal, as a private island resort, its surroundings comprise a natural habitat for lobster, fish of all types and golden coral which can be seen thriving all around. Obviously first class diving and snorkeling! It provides seafood to the entire community who fish in the surroundings on a daily basis. A shallow sand bar jetty from the island to the South and forms the location recommended by the architects for the construction of 28 over water cabanas. See renderings.
The plan in 2007/2008 prior to the global economic downslide, was to developed the island comprising of different accommodation facilities. Some of them are:
- 2 – Hotel Complexes with 1BR & 2BR lock out rooms ranging from 777 SF – 1,560 SF (combined total of 138 keys)
- 53 – Residential Luxury Villas with 3BR (3,557 SF/4,119 SF) & 4BR (4,616 SF). (combined total of 193 keys)
- 6 – Special lots with a (combined total of 28 keys)
- 14 – Over the water Luxury Cabanas with a (combined total of 14 keys)
- 1 – Special Large Estate with a (combined total of 2 keys)
- 6 – Piers with docks/floating platforms. The main pier (422′). Utility pier (370′) etc.
- Inner Island paths, roads (golf carts, scooters and bikes only), walkways to each unit/building
- Restaurants, Spas, Gazebos
- Inner Lagoon
- Arrival and departure facilities
- Utilities, infrastructure
- 1 – Helipad
- Electricity: Installation of submarine cable from mainland national grid electricity approximately 4,600′ (BEL). 6,097 kwh /per day required for Island at full occupancy of 950 patrons and owners. Line between mainland and Island will be facilitated by utilizing the beach access road reserve that is just south adjacent of Maya Playa Resort in Maya Beach.
- Water: Installation of water line from mainland approximately 4,600′ (BWSL). Estimated full occupancy of 950 patrons and owners will require 42,480 gal/per day. Piping will be facilitated by utilizing the beach access road reserve that is just south adjacent of Maya Playa Resort in Maya Beach.
- Formation of beaches and retaining walls.
Extensive planing, engineering, architectural design, construction, environmental works were conducted for this project. Estimated total development cost is $125M US.
The above referred development as conceived by architects was reviewed in depth and approved by the Department of Environment (DOE) and an Environment Compliance Plan (ECP) was issued/signed. A copy of the plan and DOE report are available.A potential buyer for this property can move forward by adopting same plan and avoid many cost and time by adopting this detailed plan or simply develop their own plan for approvals.
As the closest and largest private island to the Placencia peninsula, it is an ideal location and investment for a high end development which could be the premier private island of the entire south of Belize and one of the best in the country if not “the best”. As the peninsula becomes more popular and exciting to the world, this investment location in the future could become extremely valuable if developed properly.
For additional information and more details, please contact:
Exclusive Broker – Brian Yearwood (+501) 625-3122, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org